The philosophy for the Kingsland Knights Football Program is to compete at a high level. We will play the 11 players on the field that give us the best chance to compete at a high level. The player’s safety and responsibility is our coaching staff’s primary responsibility. A player may increase their amount of playing time or contribution by participating in voluntary speed and strength sessions in the off seasons. This does not guarantee playing time but will increase their playing possibility. Our goal is to compete at a high level and promote the three pillars of our program.
Year 1: Finish- All we do, assignments, practice and game repetitions.
Year 2: Fight-embrace our hard work on and off the field
Year 3: Family-building a culture of unity through commitment.
Year 4: Sustainability-build on our 3F’s in the ground.
Year 5: Blaze a Trail
How this is done
- Academic Success and Accountability
- Weight Room Year Round Commitment
- Importance of Team Camp, Summer Practices
- Leadership Opportunities and Mentorship
- Youth Programs Promote Fundamentals and Team Elements
Junior High Philosophy (7th and 8th Grade)
Junior High Program Mission Statement:
Our mission is to develop a love of the game of football and develop fundamental skills.
Efforts shall be made to have everyone play.
Junior High Program Goals: “Preparing for Tomorrow… Today!”
- To have fun playing the game of football.
- To build excitement in all players.
- To build numbers to feed into the high school program.
- To teach the fundamentals of football.
- To implement the basic offensive and defensive philosophies of the high school program.
- To give equal playing time to players to create depth.
- To develop the right balance between academics and athletics
- To display the right character in the classroom and on the field.
Kingsland Knights Football
- BE EARLY! Being on time is considered being late, being early is considered being on time. We will start on schedule, if you are late you're absent.
- Players will address all adults as "Coach". When a question is asked promptly followed by the correct title from above. Calling coaches or adults by their first name is unacceptable.
- All equipment problems will be dealt with immediately before practice.
- Injured players are required to be at practice and the same attendance policy is used.
- Keep the locker room clean! This means you must WASH YOUR CLOTHES!
- Players must communicate absences to Coach Stinson prior to being gone. Not all absences will be excused. If you are sick and stay home, your parents need to call Coach Stinson at (507) 429-9306 and leave him a message ahead of time.
- We will follow the Minnesota State High School League Policy and Kingsland Handbook for academics and policies.
- Being sent out of class----------you miss 1 quarter. Repeated Offense doubles penalty time.
- Being suspended or fighting---------follow the School policy.
- Hazing or disrespectful behavior-----suspended the next game and follows with MSHSL.
- If you don't wear it in practice, you can't wear it in a game. This doesn't include weather relevant materials.
- Excused vs Non excused Absence.
- Excused absence are allowed, families must let Coach Stinson know 24 hours in advance. Examples: Doctor’s Appointments, Funerals, Meet with Teacher.
- Players will not lose playing time but are expected to make up missing conditioning work.
- Not excused absences are not permissible in this program.
- 1st unexcused absence- miss 2 quarters, conditioning work, speak with coach.
- 2nd unexcused absence- miss 1 game, conditioning work, speak with coaching staff.
- 3rd unexcused absence- miss 2 games conditioning work, speak with coach and Athletic Director about absences, plan is put into place.
- Coach Stinson's Contact Information
Cell Phone = (507) 429-9306
***Automatic Letter to all players on the varsity roster
if the team makes the SECTION FINALS.****
The Kingsland 9-12 lettering system will be based upon
-Varsity Quarters Played (at least 6)
-Academic Eligibility (a player must remain eligible to receive)
Our team will be one of unity and integrity. We will show these through understanding of the school and MSHSL policies. Individuality is a positive and creative force that can and will be displayed amidst our team philosophy. However these are essential to our team unity and establishing our program on and off the field.
On and Off the Field
- Players will treat authority figures with respect by using proper names, eye contact and titles such as Coach or Mr./Mrs. when responding to authority figure.
- Players will express gratitude to peers and adults whenever possible.
- Players will express enthusiasm and unity through "hands on hats, high fives, etc.
On the field
- We will all look alike and play with team unity.
- We will play with high character and demonstrate proper sportsmanship at all times.
- Kingsland Football Program will respect officials, host sites and opposing fans at all times of the contest.
- Captains will be elected through player vote.
- If at any point a Captain has a violation, they are no longer captains.
- There will be 4 elected captains.
- 3 Captains will be made prior to season, 1 after the first week.
Kingsland High School will be known for their commitment to academics. Athletics is a branch of the whole school atmosphere at school. The students will be tracked once a week during the season to maintain academic progress toward graduation. Academic sheets will be due Thursday of the game week before walk thru.
The Kingsland Football program will demonstrate the right attitude and conduct toward academics. Students will be given time for study tables on Wednesday during early release time.
In collaboration with the school, Parents are the most influential part of a student athlete’s performance.
We will follow the school’s policy on speaking with a coach about playing time or other concerns.
The information above is the outline for the Kingsland Football Program at Kingsland High School. Please recognize the above information is the centerpiece on how we will build the program. The student athlete and parents are an integral part of the puzzle. By signing below you are agreeing to the information provided above.